Saturday, May 08, 2010

A feverish rant

It’s been a while since I’ve cried so much, and while I type this, I feel the pain in my head throb and transport into my heart, breaking into a zillion pieces. I don’t really know what triggered the tears all of a sudden, it could be hormones, it could be the fever, it could be PMS, it could be the fear of getting menopausal 20 years down the line. I was looking at the screen and the next thing I know is I am crying. Usually the way it works is that something goes wrong, I think of it, and I start to cry. But it didn’t happen that way. I am still crying, and as I do that, I think of all the things that have gone wrong in my life- a job life gone amuck, relationships gone haywire, friendships turned sour, the driving theory exam I failed last year, the traumatic memories of paying tax returns instead of getting a refund, and the flight I missed to San Antonio two years ago. I wonder if this is how I am trying to process the sorrows inside me- things unspoken, things I have never told anyone. I feel vulnerable, it could be the fever, the sore throat, the all day weakness and not having eaten enough. It could be the trauma of grading a few math answer scripts in school where children have solved sums defying all laws and theorem. It could be that person who told me that he wishes I never get a student visa approved and stay in India [If he read my blog, he’d surely read a hate post about him right now]. I think of the only cricketer I have had a crush on though I couldn’t care less about cricket, and cry some more that he is married. I try to think of happy thoughts- think of Seattle, think of baby Kalyani, think of my sunshine car and all the road trips I have made with her [It’s interesting how I miss my life in Seattle and everything associated with it while I am low]. But deep within, my heart feels lacerated. And like a broken record, I keep weeping, with low intensity first, getting higher and higher till I lose energy, and then the cycle starts all over.

I am sure I will wake up with a bad headache tomorrow morning, but knowing me, I know this that I would have also had my sense of humor back by then. By tomorrow, I would have resurrected the walls against my own vulnerability that keeps me sane, strong, and going in life. What a relief that it is Sunday tomorrow and I don’t have to rush to school first thing in the morning.

-

Pardon the non-sensical post. It's just hormones. Or fever.

sunshine

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theres is nothing wrong in crying once in a while, rather it is good for your health. I hate to admit it but I think I have cried a couple of times without any reason. Many times in our life we make choices, conscious choices and they seem to make perfect sense if you consider rational factors. E.g. At present, you think that it is best for you to settle down in USA with all opportunities and the other usual stuff. And you might decide and settle down in USA and after 20 years seeing you might miss India quite a lot and it is possible that you might want to come back to India badly however, circumstances are not allowing you to come back. ( my comment is also looking like your post... all garbled up and stuff ) However, enjoy the life and do you what you love even if that doesn't pay much.

Wish you all the best for your future.

Do let your readers know which universities you are considering

A regular leader of you blog
-HK

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, lady !

One things to cheer about ... you have us .. the avid regular readers of your blog :)

Padmanabhan said...

Whatever the case may be regarding your personal or professional life, you do posses something that only great people do: Honesty, and the balls to be able to write about your true state of mind and the skill or ability to do so in a straight forward manner without any pretension. I am sure most of your blog readers admire you for that.

Rakhi said...

It helps to let it all out once in a while; despite the splitting headache and swollen eyes the next day. Take care.

Unknown said...

hugs. I also believe that crying is very therapeutic. water works ki jai!

nits said...

you are lucky that you can cry sometime... take it as a blessing...

there are poor souls here who just can not cry... and therefore cant get it out...

be happy :)

Anonymous said...

It is ok to cry. I have gone through a lot of shit in my life (pardon my language). losing both my parents while still in my 20s, horrid in-laws, not so affectionate rest of the family. After a long time, i think I have some peace now. But guess what? I think of all the horrid things of the past and cry. Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one. Remember this day too shall pass:-)

Gowri

sunshine said...

Dear readers, thanks for the wonderful comments, for the hugs, and wishes, and for sharing your stories. I am feeling much better now, and feel so humbled with all the kind words and encouragement. I indeed have a great group of readers to support me through tough times in life -- and that is a blessing :)