Saturday, December 03, 2011

Feeling writing

It has been more than 6 years since blogging happened to me. Even after all these years, someone appreciating my writing, saying a few nice words, liking or sharing a post on Facebook, or getting me published always thrills me. Hence this post.

I have always taken my writing seriously. That is one of the few things I enjoy doing. In my professional life, I do one of the two- I either run statistical analysis, or write. Someone told me the other day, “You don’t feel stats, you just do it. But you feel writing.”, I was taken aback by the honesty in what my friend had said. True, I do stat because I need to earn my living, I need to finish my Ph.D. on time, get published, find a job, and accomplish. That doesn’t mean stat thrills me. Writing does.

sunshine

4 comments:

A Listless Traveller said...

Read the article just now and could relate to every word you said. Had had about the same experience having spent 4 years in Canada. I visited Kolkata twice in between though, so the shock came in steps.

Nidhi said...

Read your post on Amreekan Desi...so well written! and so TRUE!!! :)

Mr. Banerjee said...

Stat doesn't thrill anyone. I feel for the pollsters who earn a living by drowning on statistical data.

Richa Chauhan said...

keep writing.. :)