Friday, April 16, 2010

Feeling thankful

I am feeling thankful towards all my readers today. It’s not an impulsive feeling that pops up every time I eat something, neither it is a periodic thing that happens every time the sun and the moon are making a certain angle in the sky. However, I was thinking of the way my life has changed the last few months, and the way my blog readers have stood by me.
There are some readers who now know me personally. They have taken me out for lunches, have patiently listened to all that I had to rant, have offered help, have called me during my times of intense depression to make sure I felt supported, and have done more. I soon forgot I know them through my blog. It felt I had always known them as my good friends.
And then there are people who don’t know me, who haven’t seen me, but the only connection they have with me is through my blog. They have sent me wonderful emails and encouraging comments. They have encouraged me to write. They have made suggestions about how to present things to make my blog look better. They have provided me with their email ids and phone numbers, asking me to get in touch if I ever needed anything. They have felt sad when I lost my job, and have rejoiced when I got PhD admits from multiple schools. They have made me feel as supported as my close friends from US and India have made me feel.
So without making it a long “thank you rant” and boring you to sleep, I want to thank each and everyone of you for being there. I don’t know most of you, but do drop me a line and say a hi whenever you want to. If you happen to live in Kolkata (or anywhere I live in future) and would like to say hi, please let me know. And please please send me an email if you want to remain in touch. The tech challenged person that I am, I have found it impossible to cruise through your webpage and find your email ids to send you a thank you reply (which is the least I can do). It’s a shortcoming I apologize for.
I look forward to knowing you all, and continue writing about things you will enjoy reading.
Thank you.
sunshine

3 comments:

Siri said...

Hi Sunshine,
Been following your blog for quite some time and it is the one that is on my starred list that I open whenever I am depressed. Want to say you are doing a great job, more power to women like you and do drop me an email. Would love to be in touch with you.

Rgds
Siri

dipthought said...

:)

sunshine said...

Siri- I'm humbled, honestly :)

dipthought- :)