Friday, August 08, 2008

White Space

I gifted myself a white board on my birthday- a pristine white space measuring 4 feet by 3 feet. I even threw in five marker pens of different colors and an eraser. And I have never been happier. For ever since, I have been scribbling and scribbling. Now, I have someplace to scribble my thoughts, my anguish, my dreams, my little achievements, and my confusions, make lists- grocery lists, hate lists, to-do lists, lists of blogs to write, movies to watch, even a list of my dreams. It is amazing how simple things look when you put them down in writing. Every day after I am back from work, I am all enthused, scribbling whatever comes to my mind. It is therapeutic. It helps me in cogent thinking. It brings me innate happiness. And all this at a very affordable price. I am glad that after two damaged shipments from an online shopping website, all returned, I finally found more than what I wanted in one of the offices of downtown. And the writer in me is scribbling ever since. I just wish a little bit of patience and wait gave me everything that I wished for thus.

It is amazing how little things in life bring you such great joy. Even a little rectangle of white space that symbolizes my personal space, creativity, and freedom of thoughts.

sunshine

2 comments:

ken said...

i love a brown sheet of paper more to put in my stickies, sketches, to-do lists, none of these are removed with moving time and the best part is to look back at them as pieces of history :) ... but a whiteboard is better you can rewrite history :D

Mana said...

It brings great relief when we pen down the things we've been longing for. If they're accomplished or not is secondary... For the time being, yes, it makes us happy.

Small things in life bring smile and make us cheerful :)