1. What did you do in 2010 that you had never done before?
Drove 1200 miles in Florida.
Got a speeding ticket worth $300.
Met an old old friend.
Visited India the first time ever since I moved.
Got myself a Netflix account.
Got myself published.
Performed with a dance group.
Started using an iPad.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make new year resolutions unless they are travel related. I almost definitely never keep them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don’t think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Motivating myself to get back to graduate school again.
7. What was your biggest failure?
I have been unable to change certain things in my life for the better.
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I twisted my right foot and injured my ligament while walking down the cobbled streets of Sicily.
9. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Baby Kalyani’s. She transformed from a baby to a toddler. She repeated everything I taught her. She became my favorite student.
10. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Let’s not get there.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Traveling, like it always does.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Visiting Europe. Guiltily so, more than visiting India.
13. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Only Hope from A Walk To Remember.
Tujhe Bhula Diya from Anjana Anjani.
Ainvain from Band Baaja Baraat.
14. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
No idea. Happier in many ways and sadder in many ways. Last year this time, I was in Seattle. Now, I am vacationing in California.
15. What do you wish you had done more of?
I wish I had worked harder toward getting back in shape. I wish I had blogged more.
16. What do you wish you had done less of?
17. How did you spend Christmas?
With my best friend and a bunch of other wonderful people I recently met through my blog (can you believe it?), with great dinner and hanging out at their place late enough for Santa Claus to fall asleep.
18. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes. With places. With people. With my life.
19. How many one night stands?
Never mind J Too old to have one night stands.
20. What was your favorite TV program?
South Park. As always.
21. What was the best book you read?
The immortal life of Henrietta Lacks.
The element- Ken Robinson.
Some from the Nicholas Sparks collection.
22. What was your greatest musical discovery?
None I can think of.
23. What did you want and get?
A trip to Crater Lake before I left Seattle.
24. What did you want and not get?
A 3,000 mile cross-country road trip from west to east, that never happened.
25. What was your favorite film of this year?
Plenty actually. Wept buckets after every Nicholas Sparks movie. Loved American Beauty, The and Painted Veil.
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29. I spent the night hiking with my injured feet, watching the northern lights near a place close to Seattle. That was a unique experience.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing more than what I already have. A new place to explore. A new life as a student. Lots of friends made. Meeting my family after 4 years. What more could I ask for?
28. What kept you sane?
Netflix and travel plans.
29. Who was the worst new person you met?
30. Who was the best new person you met?
I was excited to meet many new people this year, but I will not single out anyone.
31. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Your best friend has another best friend. Watch out what you tell others. Don’t expect people to keep your secrets. Don’t tell anyone something you are not ready to publish in a newspaper.
32. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I am not a lyrics person. I focus on music.