January 13th, 2013
My friend, fellow blogger, and fellow photographer Richa has inspired me to take on a photographic challenge here. This is her post on the challenge. I will pretty much follow her guidelines, with one MAJOR exception. I am not going to post current pictures. The pictures maybe up to a year old, at maximum 2 years. I know her reasons of keeping the pictures current, this is so that one makes an honest effort to drag one’s butt out and takes pictures. However, I have multiple reasons why I will not post current pictures, some of them being:
1. I am currently writing my dissertation, and my schedules and priorities have been very different off late.
2. I am just back from a trip taking some 5,000 pictures of India, and do not feel like touching my camera for a while. Sometimes, people who love each other need some space, to keep the love alive. My camera is also going for maintenance next week.
3. This blog has hardly seen any pictures I take regularly, so whatever I post will be new anyway.
4. There are hundreds of pictures from every assignment that I overlook, do not process due to lack of time, and forget about. This will be a good opportunity for me to go through those old folders and dig something out.
5. I have undertaken photography projects in the past (Project 365 being one example), but have been terrible at keeping up. I spend my entire professional life under the pressure of meeting deadlines. I want this to be a relaxation exercise.
So the week of January 14th, I will be posting pictures from Challenge 1 on and off.
“Challenge 1 (January 14, 2013): Travel photography - Travel photography involves documentation of a place, its culture, its people, its custom, landmarks etc. You can be a local or a tourist in that place.”
Stay tuned for more.